5.20.2013

recap :: MoHud2013 week 9

...you know it's summer when...
you're scheduled for more than 1 race per week.

To preface: when I say "race" what I really mean is a run with 100+ people I may or may not know, while wearing a bib, maybe a timing chip and pretty much sticking to the same course. Clearly I'm not out to fight for a spot in Rio 2016.

Last week was a reminder of when I loathed running because it made my whole self hurt (thanks knees, calves, feet and the rest of my aging body). Thankfully I was signed up for two races so I used those for training runs and was actually excited to lace up.

Thursday was a 3.5mi race and Sunday was a fun 5k for a great cause. This was my third start for each of the races. Last year, these races started the season  and were two of the few races I actually got to do (note to self: do not sign up for your entire season of runs all at once in April or May - if you hurt yourself in, say, August, you're out a bunch of money).

Thursday was warm, windy, sunny and fabulous for running. I PRed the distance and the course over my previous two attempts. Sunday was freezing less nice, but it ended with a stop at my favorite food truck for an early morning slider, so it wasn't all bad. I PRed the course and took a minute of my time from last year.

There may or may not be a duathlon relay in my future for next weekend. Yikes.

Monday: 60min BCC (arms)
                scheduled - 30min walk
Tuesday: 60min spin w/ abs
                scheduled - rest
Wednesday: 60min BCC (lower body), 2mi
                scheduled - 2mi  
Thursday: 3.5mi
                scheduled - 3mi  
Friday: 60min BCC (cardio); 2.5mi (speed work)
                scheduled - 2.5mi  
Saturday: rest
                scheduled - rest  
Sunday: 3.1mi
                scheduled - 3mi

Weekly mileage: 11.4mi
Scheduled weekly mileage: 10.5mi