6.03.2013

recap :: MoHud2013 week 11

The plan was to follow the plan, but somehow I've been incredibly successful at not following the plan. After the epic failure that was last week, I tried to get myself back on track. I missed one run, but attempted to up the miles the rest of the week. Sunday I went for my first "real" long runs of the season!
back in action for 2013.

By "real" long run I mean:
  • it was on a Sunday
  • I had to drive to a trail instead of aimlessly wandering the neighborhood
  • I worried about how much sunscreen I'd need
  • I "fueled" pre-run (ahem - ate a PBJ bagel for breakfast)
It was a balmy 85 degrees in the shade, so I even busted out the hydration belt for good measure. Although I
picked a seemingly shady out and back trail by the river, the unseasonably warm early June weather won out and I felt like I was melting into the pavement beneath my feet. Despite the heat and a few miserable miles, it was fun to be back on the trail I had spent to many miles on last year. I even passed the 2013 marathon training group cohort (heading back...not out, like me...this girl slept in on Sunday).


Monday: rest
                scheduled - 30min walk
Tuesday: 60min BCC (lower body); 1mi
                scheduled - rest
Wednesday: 60min BCC (arms)
                scheduled - 3mi  
Thursday: 3.50mi
                scheduled - 3mi  
Friday: 60mins BCC (cardio); 3.75mi
                scheduled - 3mi  
Saturday: rest
                scheduled - rest  
Sunday: 6.25mi
                scheduled - 3mi

Weekly mileage: 14.50mi
Scheduled weekly mileage: 12mi